Monday, September 26, 2011

TONY AWARDS, Summer, Fall and.....Moments.

Photo by Timothy Ware (www.darkimageproductions.com)
I realize that I haven't written since May and it's because I've been crazy busy. Since we opened "ANYTHING GOES", we've had the chance to be on The Late Show with David Letterman, The View and raise money for BC/EFA through Broadway Bares XXI (Note: THANK YOU to all who came, gave and supported that effort). The icing on the cake for me was"ANYTHING GOES" WINNING THREE TONY AWARDS in June. I was (and am) so happy to be a part of such an amazingly talented cast.  I honestly go to work happy and enjoy every minute of my job.  It's the cast that makes it all worth while for me. Furthermore, it's seeing Joy in the faces of the audience members at the end of Act I and the end of the show (in the theatre or stage door). It's as if we've transported them from their lives to this beautiful Oasis of fresh air we call "Broadway". To know that I play(ed) some sort of part in that Journey brings me so much Joy.  It's made me even happier to know that they Joy I feel others feel as well because we were supposed to close July 31st, but have NOW been extended not just until January 8th, but to April 29th 2012! YES! Now even more people will be able to experience the Joy of our little "crossing"...and others will (hopefully) return to see it again. ;)  

Overall, I've been doing okay.  Things in my life are pretty cool at the moment. I have a great new apartment and my dating life is in an amazing place. It's interesting when it comes to dating. I find myself taking things "moment by moment and day by day". That seems to bring a sense of comfort, ease and patience into my world.  Living in a world where everything is so "urgent" and "right now" wears me out. I've been taking the time to tap more into my self-control and patience so I can savor every moment life has to offer. As we begin to head into the Fall, I find myself ready for it.  This summer did go very fast, but I took the time to smell the flowers and appreciate the sun. Now change is coming and it's really okay. The spring and summer will definitely return, so for now, take the time to see the leaves turn and use this as an excuse to buy some great new clothes too. lol. If you need to get warmer and want a laugh, COME SEE "ANYTHING GOES". lol. But seriously, enjoy you, enjoy your life and enjoy every moment because this moment you're in right now, some didn't see.

My Mom (Elaine Green) and I TONY Night (6.12.11)!


Stay Encouraged, Always Go Above and Beyond and THANK YOU for Your Support and Love.

-a.

p.s.- I'm in the process of developing my NEW Updated Website, which will be launched soon.  Can't wait to share it with you.  Much love, Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment