Monday, January 16, 2012

Bittersweet Bliss with a Colorful Canvas


Words cannot fully express the gambit of emotions I felt yesterday during my last day with "Anything Goes".  As I tapped out my last steps that evening, I couldn't help but think about how excited I was during the first day of rehearsals.  Taking the journey of this revival from the beginning up until now made me realize how great a Dream can become reality.  I am so grateful and blessed to have lived a Dream with this phenomenal company.  Now, as I disembark off this illustrious journey, I head on to another.  



Today, I begin rehearsals for  "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert". Having the chance to go from one show to another is NOT an easy thing to do here in New York City, but when you are chosen to do it, it's something to DEFINITELY be happy about.  The best thing for me is knowing something that I've helped create will live on.  All the memories we created in that dressing room and backstage will live on.  It will never be forgotten.  They will be etched in the memory of those who shared it.  Now, it's time for someone else to create their own memories and place their mark on the show.  I see it as a canvas.  The color we all created were each unique and beautiful, but now even as the colors begin to change, the canvas can only get even more beautiful and unique in it's own way. That's exciting to see.  I wish everyone well on their journey and can only look forward to working with them again.  

Now, it's time to focus on the next new journey.  I don't know what will lie ahead, but I know that I will continue to share my joy and light with this new company and create new blissful memories.  January 27th is my first show with "Priscilla" and I'm proud to add my color to their Canvas.  

Stay Encouraged.

-a.


1 comment: