Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy Hurt = Broadway Joy

The Broadway Revival Cast of "Anything Goes" performing on "The View" (5.12.11)
Every single time I go out on that stage, I'm so grateful to be there, but, honestly, THAT SH*T HURTS!! I love my job and I love what I do, but after the 8th show of the week, I'M DONE! Ti-Red! lol. I think what hurts me the most is the Wednesday Matinee into the Wednesday Night shows.  They just seem to sneak up on you after the day off on Monday and after easing into the Tuesday Night show.  I'm not complaining, I'm just being real! lol. I do have to say, seeing the faces of happy people after we're done is worth every ache, pain and knee slide that's done 8x a week. lol.

What truly gets me through is how much Fun and Joy I've developed with my cast members.  Each of them bring something so special into the work place.  I'm just to happy to be a part of something so special and cool. To know that we're nominated for 9 Tony Awards (and many others as well) is a TRULY a dream come true.  I could have NEVER asked for a better Broadway Debut than the one I'm having right now.  Let's keep on going and making people happy every night.

By the way, I'm doing a Benefit called "Broadway Bares XXI" which is a Fundraiser for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS and I would truly Love your support.  NO DONATION is TOO SMALL...or too Big (hello).  Just click the link here: BROADWAY BARES XXI  and everything you need should be right there.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU and Thank You, because through all the Hurt, Joy comes in the Morning while Healing comes in Time.

Let's Heal, Family.

love.

-a.wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment