Monday, August 16, 2010

Joy and Bliss.....and Divine Order

A.Wayne and Casey Nicholaw (Director)
Wow, Wow, Wow. I am truly having the time of my life being here in San Diego.  Everyone from the Cast, to the Crew, to the Amazing Weather,....I'm loving it all!! Being in "Robin and the 7 Hoods" has been such a breath of fresh air in my life.  Doing something so new and fun is bliss to do every night. You find yourself looking forward to coming to work every day.  I, also, find myself wondering what new, fun and joyful things will I get to experience with my cast.  Every show there is something to laugh about, giggle about, and reminisce about waaaay after the show's over.  Opening was fun as well.  It was exciting to talk with the Producers, Patrons and Guests about how they felt after the show was over.  Many people were so overwhelmed with Joy that they danced their way all the way out the theatre. I was like, well, alright! lol. Some people had some issue with threading some parts of the book together, but that's neither here nor there.  For me, to see the total enjoyment on peoples' faces at the end of that show lets me know that we did something to brighten their life and put a smile on their face.  That was the Goal and that's what was accompished.

A.Wayne and Momma (Elaine) Opening Night (7.30.10; San Diego, Ca.)


Over the past few weeks, there were understudy rehearsals during the days after we opened.  I didn't have to be there, so I had my days free to do as I pleased.  Did I put that time to good use. Of course I did. I slept! A LOT! lol. I caught up on some well needed rest, but I did take the time to take care of some business.  I found myself getting caught in the continuation of writing my book.  I'm actually really excited about it and don't know how it's going to be perceived, but looking forward to having it out there in the world/universe.  I'm not going to give TOO much away just yet, but I will tell you that it's a Motivational Memoir that I believe many will read, be inspired by and and grow from.  That's my prayer.  I've also been writing some songs that I plan on putting some music to and trying to get out into the world as well.  I have more and more ideas/thoughts about the Musical I'm writing as well.  I just think that everything will happen in Divine Order and in due time.  I'm just doing everything I can to stay Prepared for the Opportunity.

Speaking of being prepared, just as something amazing was created here, in two weeks we're going to be saying goodbye to it.....for now.  It's touted as a "Broadway Bound Musical" and it is.  From what we hear, it's going to be making its way the Fall of 2011, but you know, in this business anything is possible and there is much that's "said".  I'm just glad we were able to create great work here and plant the seed for whatever there is to come of this Beautiful show.  Hopefully "the Boards" will be home for this piece, but time will tell. Till then, I, currently, begin to prepare to depart Beautiful San Diego and make my way back home to New York City.  Even though there is nothing really to go to right now (show wise for me), I have this Calm Peace that's inside that says I'm going to be okay.  We work in a VERY Faithful business where you have to believe in yourself, your talent and Divine Order to guide you not where you want to be, but where you Need to be.  I allow whatever needs to be to be. But for now, I'm going to Enjoy every moment of these next two weeks and LIVE.  I encourage you to enjoy and savor your moments, for the sweet ones can be few and far between. My mother came to visit me here.  That was such a Joy to expose her to her first Californian experience.

A.Wayne and Momma at Hash House (a go go) (San Diego, Ca.)
















Here's to Many More!

Stay Encouraged.

-a.

No comments:

Post a Comment