Thursday, July 1, 2010

A New Show,.....A New Age....A New Perspective

Well, I am "officially" a year older and DAMN SURE a year wiser.  It's funny how we tend to look back on the past year of our life after a birthday and say, "What have I REALLY accomplished?".  You wonder to yourself if you've made a difference in some one's life or if you've made some kind of impact on the world at all.  This happens when you begin to get closer to 30. I'm in that boat. lol. With my birthday coming and going (June 30th), I find myself living much more in the moment and occasionally taking the time to stop, look back and breathe.

After leaving "Sophisticated Ladies" in DC, I joined a PHENOMENAL company here in San Diego at the Old Globe.  Since June 1st, I've been rehearsing for "Robin and 7 Hoods".  Now, we don't know what there is to come of it since it's the first time it's been put up on its feet, but I'm truly enjoying the process. As the weeks tick on by and we head into Tech Rehearsal, we've been getting used to everyone's personalities and honestly enjoying the time with each other.  It's been a while since I've been with a cast that I look forward to seeing when I head into work.  As stated before, my birthday was the 30th of June and they took the time to truly make that day special for me. That meant so much to know that they cared enough to give me that special little attention to make each moment enjoyable.  I also realize that what we're creating here is very special and I'm so happy to be a part of it with them.  Our Director, Casey Nicholaw, is quite amazing. He has a way of making everyone hold their own no matter how big or small the part.  I'm so grateful to be a part of this team and excited to see what there is to come of this real Gem of a show.  

I state how I feel about this company because you forget that even though all of this is happening now, after August, this entire experience will just be a distant memory. All we'll have is the laughter we shared, the fun times, the goofy names, the pranks, the intense moments and joys no one would be able to understand but us.  I don't take any of that for granted.  It hit me even more when I looked at my Facebook page the evening of my birthday and saw that over 120 people wrote messages to me on my Facebook page.  That reaffirmed to me that I must have done or said something to touch these peoples' lives in some way for them to take the time out to just say "hey, happy birthday".  I appreciate that. It's just the little things I find myself savoring more.  

Savor the Simple things, my friends, and don't allow life to deter you from your happiness. You never know when you'll have another moment to taste the Bliss.

Stay Encouraged.

-a. (aka: "Poppin' Jay". lol.)

No comments:

Post a Comment