Wednesday, May 5, 2010

...Speaking of Planted Seeds..!!!



I tell you, when it rains,...it pours!  Monday before last, I was sitting in my apartment in NYC and had just come from traveling to Atlanta and then Washington, D.C..  When I was in D.C., I went to see some friends of mine doing "Sophisticated Ladies Starring Maurice Hines" at Arena Stage.  Last Wednesday, about this time, I was getting calls/text/e-mails about how they needed a new "Swing" position for the boys and I was suggested.  Well, one thing led to another and Thursday morning, I was on a train headed to D.C. at 8 am, got off the train around 11:45 am, was in rehearsal from 1 pm  till 6 pm, watched the show (again) that night and then FINALLY was taken to my new apartment.  It was such a whirlwind, but I'm so grateful to be a part of this show, this cast and get the chance to learn all the boys tracks and Maurice's as well.  Friday I had rehearsal from 3 pm - 6 pm, watched the show again that night and then the Stage Manager comes to me and asks, "You ready to go on tomorrow?". I was like, ummm...sure. lol.  Well, Saturday afternoon came and I was on that stage.  In one number, but I was on that stage.  For me it felt like a dream come true because that's where I love to be. On stage.  I don't mind being a Swing here one bit!  I love having the adrenaline to learn new parts and to shine in various capacities.  I haven't been a Swing in years.  Not since my tour of "Smokey Joe's Cafe'" back in 200.... (hmph). Anyway, I'm enjoying every moment and I'm glad it worked out because my next contract starts June 1st.  This ends May 30th (for me), so I'm beyond blessed.  Funny thing is I auditioned for this back in February/March '10 and didn't get it.  I guess everything happens for a reason.  When God has something for you, NO ONE can take it away.  I'm open, ready and able to follow what He wants....because I know I'm worth it....and so are YOU!  Be Open, Ready and Able to follow your Dreams and everything will come together. Continue to plant your seeds of Love, Joy and Happiness and what will Grow (within you and others) will shock you. Remember to keep your Ground fertile and your seeds watered. Don't ever water them now. Just allow them to be.......so,....just BE, my friend.  Happy Growing.

Stay Encouraged.

-a.

No comments:

Post a Comment