Friday, November 26, 2010

Starting Over, Some Shows and Building Your "BRAND".

A.Wayne and Kelli O'Hara
After coming back to NYC from my PHENOMENAL time in San Diego this summer, I felt like I needed to plant some Roots.  When you move to New York, It's truly about planting yourself, making your mark and establishing your "brand" if you will.  I found myself focusing on so many other things and people that I realized at the end of the day, the only one who was going to be more concerned about my career is Me.  So, I decided to hit the ground running and audition like crazy and see what stuck.  Well, I found myself up for a good handful of shows and NOT getting them because of not being "the right fit" or "the right type" for whatever they were looking for.  That can wear you out after some time because you start to question yourself, you talent and your existence in this business.  You wonder if you belong or if you are good enough.  From what I see and have learned, it's not about if you're good enough. You perfect just the way you are and shouldn't allow someone else to validate you and your existence if you feel like this is exactly where you are supposed to be.  So, I took my own advice, stayed encouraged and ended up finding myself on stage, recently, with Judy Kaye, Kelli O'Hara and many others doing "Bells Are Ringing" directed and choreographed by Kathleen Marshall at NY City Center Encores!.  I had the time of my life and enjoyed every minute and I realized that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.  Furthermore, I'm working on a Presentation of a New Musical called "Aesop and Company" which is directed by Jay Binder and Choreographed by Warren Carlyle.  I'm so happy to be part of something new and creative.  FREE Open presentations will be done Dec. 16th, 17th and 18th, 2010.

Kathleen Marshall (Dir./Choreo), A.Wayne and Eric Sean Fogel (Asst. Dir.)

I also have been taking time to continue to grow and stretch myself.  Honestly, even though you have your degree, the learning NEVER stops.  You get out of it what you put into it, so I am beginning Acting Lessons with Matthew Corozine here in Manhattan and continuing to take Ballet Classes while starting Voice Lessons with a new Voice Teacher to learn the in and outs of where my voice sits now.  It's quite exciting to be investing in the development of a new level within my career.  I'm grateful for the knowledge and process.

MOMENTS: The POWER of Words and Music (12.6.10 @ 9:30p)

To put myself to the test, once again, I've decided to do another Cabaret concert entitled "MOMENTS: The POWER of Words and Music".  This exciting night will be an evening of Covers and Beautiful Songs that have such meaning and move your spirit. So often, these days, we get so caught up in the beat, we forget the Power of Emotion that the Words and Music can convey.  I just wanted to Re-Ignite that Feeling in People again.  I hope you can join me.  Tickets are $10 in Advance (On-line/Discount code: MOMENT) and $20 at the door (+ 2 Drink Minimum/Cash Only).


Continue to Live every MOMENT to the fullest and Keep Growing in your Craft no matter who says you don't "fit".

Stay Encouraged.

-a.

No comments:

Post a Comment