Wednesday, September 12, 2012

SO MUCH...a Break...and BACK AGAIN!

A.Wayne in "PRISCILLA" on BROADWAY
Wow. I can't believe I haven't posted anything since January. Damn. lol. Well, I guess it's time to play catch up. I ended up spending 5 Months dressing up as a Huge Yellow Lizard and an Aborigine man named Jimmy in "PRISCILLA" on Broadway.  During that time and before PRISCILLA closed in June, I began to write, create and produce a show called "FABULOUS, ONE MORE TIME: A SYLVESTER CONCERT" based on the life of the 1970's Disco Singer, SYLVESTER.  I was doing SO MUCH WORK by investing in the right aspects of this venture and staying smart when it came to promoting the show that we ended up having a SOLD OUT CONCERT. July 29th, 2012 will be a day I will NEVER forget. For the first time in my life, I understood what it meant to have your own.  This show was a labor of love for my partner, Kendrell, and I and to see it come to fruition and blossom left me speechless.  EVERYONE had a good time and it all came together so well.
A.Wayne as Sylvester in "FABULOUS"

"PIPPIN" WORKSHOP
Well, needless to say, IT DIDN'T STOP. The day after the concert, I was on a bus at 3am to Cambridge, Massachusetts to be part of the Workshop company of "PIPPIN" at The American Repertory Theatre directed by Diane Paulus.  Working with Broadway Royalty like Chet Walker, Charlotte d'Amboise, Terrance Mann and all the phenomenal performers (acrobatic and all) who were involved blew my mind. I felt so blessed to be there and had to truly understand that I was exactly where I was supposed to be with the great people I was supposed to be with in this experience. Once you open yourself up that mindset, you go from being an admirer of their talent to understanding them as a person to enjoying them as your peers.  It's a wonderful thing to understand the color you paint in the canvas of something that's being created. Greatest thing is you don't JUST know, but you feel and understand the impact your color makes...and that's more than enough.

A.Wayne and Kendrell
After Cambridge mid August, I left for a LONG OVERDUE vacation to Cancun, Mexico with Kendrell. We really had the time of our lives.  It's so great to share so many great experiences with someone you care about and they you.  There's nothing like it. I encourage EVERYONE to stay hopeful in knowing someone is there for you. It comes when you LEAST expect it.....and is Bliss if you build the foundation and just BE.


Stephen Schwartz and A.Wayne
We all head back up to Cambridge Mid-November to do a run of "PIPPIN" at A.R.T.. The assumption is we're heading to Broadway in the Spring. I don't like to think that far in advance, so I'll just live in the now and enjoy this....right now. lol. Until then, I AM PREPARING TO DO "FABULOUS" again on SEPTEMBER 30TH AT 6PM. I truly hope to see you there at LE POISSON ROUGE in NYC. SO many people wanted to see it again so we decided to do it "ONE MORE TIME". COME SEE WHAT ALL THE FUSS IS ABOUT!! YOU WILL NOT be disappointed. TRUST ME! FOR MORE INFO TICKETS AND LIVE VIDEO CLICK HERE: www.awayneproductions.com

Billboard Marquee Outside of (le) Poisson Rouge
A.Wayne as Sylvester in "FABULOUS"

Stay encouraged.

-a.

No comments:

Post a Comment