Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Right Now...

Well, this "Blogspot" is the beginning of something New for me.  The space where I can totally be myself, let my feelings out and express what I'm feeling about where I am RIGHT NOW in my life.  It's great to have the freedom to do that.  I'm going to do what I can to keep this up as much as possible, but I think I'm just grateful for the avenue to do such a thing.  Alright, World! Here we go...

Since departing the First National Broadway Revival Tour of "A Chorus Line" November, 2009, I was able to finally get settled and REST!  To be in one place and plant some roots is something I think we all take for granted.  I was able to sit in my apartment in New York City and not have to think about being under anyone's contract, getting on a bus, getting on a plane, luggage or anything like that. I was able to just...be.  Well, that got boring real fast. LOL. I began auditioning the end of November and then December came.  NOTHING was happening in NYC.  I started to really think about my future, what I wanted to do and where I believe God wanted me to be.  My Uncle came to spend Christmas with me and when he left, I remembered how IMPORTANT family is.  It's the little things. We tend to get so caught up in the things that we have to do in our everyday lives, we forget about the special and important people in our lives.  I was able to go home and spend time with my mother (who is a Breast Cancer Survivor), my Grandmother, my Dad and my Brother and his Son. I remembered my place in my family and was inspired to create a One Man Show about situations in my life that I believe could Encourage, Inspire and Bless others in some small way.  Well, I found myself talking to Lee Summers about doing his "Just a Piano Concert Series" and everything came together.  I did it February 8th, 2010 at The Triad Theatre.  So many people came out and I was just elated at the love everyone came in with and overwhelming joy each person left with.  After that night, things began to pick up and I booked a show at NY City Center Encores! called "Anyone Can Whistle" and that was one of the most thrilling and exciting times I will NEVER forget.  The cast, the crew, I mean EVERYONE involved...it was as if all the pieces of the puzzle came together.  It all fit...and I was just thrilled to be a color in the canvas of the painting we created.  We did that April 8th - 11th and since then, I've been auditioning like crazy.  So many things are brewing and I am NOT complaining.

This "Blogspot" is not just for me to tell everyone who reads it about my accomplishments as an Actor, but I see it as an extension of myself; an avenue for someone who happens to click can come to my little corner of the web and be Inspired and Encouraged to be a better person.  I tell people all the time, "Chile, I'm Crazy!", but I think by allowing people a glimpse into a corner of my mind and thoughts, someone will be touched in the "craziness" of my world and thoughts.

-a.

Follow Me: Twitter: awayne1

Add to the Page: Facebook Page

Website:  http://www.awayne.com

No comments:

Post a Comment